…for this teacher heart.
Spring Break, in my opinion, is the best of all breaks. In the past I might have said it was the unexpected snow day. But nine of them in one month? Well, that is just wrong and has entirely ruined their reputation.
There is something about Spring Break that is magical and restorative. It is an elixir.
This may sound strange, but I like to stay home over my breaks. Travel is nice and all, but when I do this over break, I never feel like I have had a break when it is time to return.
So here is my recipe for the perfect Spring Break Elixir.
- Select a good book. This year I selected And Still She Laughs by Kate Merrick.
- Find some new podcasts…and listen to your regulars. I recommend:
- The Learning Leader Show With Ryan Hawk
- TED Radio Hour
- The Wired Educator Podcast
- Life in 22 Minutes
- Instructional Coaching Corner
- The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey
- Confessions of a Farm Wife
- Tch Talks
- Mormon Channel Daily
- Disney Story Central Podcast
- Half Size Me
- Talks with Teachers
- The Cult of Pedagogy
- Make a chore chart and listen to those podcasts while you are working away. Don’t forget to schedule in some me time.
- Take a walk in the evening.
- Take some photos.
- Spend LOTS of time with your family.
I hope your Spring Break is an elixir for your teacher heart.